Downtown Development Authority
The Montrose Downtown Development Authority (DDA) is a non-profit, legal entity that may purchase and redevelop property, enact capital improvements, and administrate other programs for economic development.
By state law, the Montrose City Council appoints the DDA Board. The Board is comprised of downtown property owners, business owners and residents. A City Council Member is also appointed to the DDA Board to serve as a liaison between the two governing bodies.
The DDA board adopts and promulgates rules governing its procedure, including the election of officers. Board members also oversee the business operations of the DDA, participate in creating and implementing long-range plans designed to carry out the purposes of the authority, and promote economic growth within the DDA district boundaries.
The mission of the Downtown Development Authority is to establish Downtown Montrose as a strong business, social, and cultural center for the success of downtown business and property owners through a combination of business development, physical improvements, promotion, and creating a unified voice for downtown.
Board of Directors
- Scott Riba, Chairman, Mountains West Insurance
- Doug Glaspell, Montrose City Council Liaison
- Chaynne Carter, 970 Sports Rewind
- Dan Mohr, Milagro Wellness Center
- Martha Dusio, DDA District Real Estate Owner
- Debbie Blanchard, D’Medici Footwear, Hypoxia, and Colorado-ology
- Brenton Martinez, Touch of Care
- Ken Vail, Healthy Rhythm Creative Group
- Zander Parker, Vice Chair, Parker Consultants and Accountants
- David Fishering, Storm King Distilling
- 2 Board positions open. Apply with the City of Montrose today.
DDA Board of Director's Meetings
The Downtown Development Authority meets once each month. Special meetings may be called as needed.
- Meetings commence at 4:30 p.m.
- Meetings are held on the third Tuesday of each month
- Location of Meetings is Montrose County Administration Building Conference Room - 317 S 2nd St Montrose, CO 81401
Agendas and Minutes
Meeting agendas and minutes are posted online and agendas are also posted at the main entrance to City Hall located at 433 South First Street, Montrose, CO. Meeting minutes that are not available online can be requested from the City Clerk's Office.
For more information, please contact the Downtown Development Authority at 970-497-8699.
The DDA office is located at Montrose County Administration Building Conference Room - 317 S 2nd St Montrose, CO 81401.